Keeping The Game Safe, Fun, And Fair
Why should you become an AYSO Referee? We need you, that’s why! We can’t have games without referees. More importantly, it’s rewarding and working with kids is fun!
Referees are critical to soccer. The referee’s job is to be the official in charge of the game. He is the independent arbiter and manager of the game. Her authority extends to everyone at the field, including players, substitutes, team officials, spectators, and even assistant referees.
The referee’s No. 1 one concern is to keep the game as safe as possible for the players. While there is risk in all sports, the referee is responsible for minimizing such risks from field conditions, equipment, spectators, and the players.
The referee is responsible for enforcing the Laws of the Game in such a way as to keep the game safe, fair and fun for everyone: the players, the coaches, the spectators and themselves. But still let the kids playe! The referee interferes with the game as little as possible, avoiding making calls for doubtful and trifling offenses. Referees only make calls for offenses they are sure occurred.
In order to referee in our league, every volunteer must:
- Complete eAYSO Volunteer Registration at www.eayso.org
- Complete the following online modules listed under “My Courses” when you login at www.aysoU.org
- Safe Haven
- CDC Concussion
- Summary of the Laws of the Game.
- Complete the online and in-person referee training/certification for the division in which they’ve volunteered.
Please review instructions below for completing each of these necessary steps towards refereeing this soccer year and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
eAYSO Volunteer Registration
Please go to www.eayso.org and follow the instructions below depending on if you’re a new volunteer or new to the eAYSO website or if you’re a returning volunteer:
New to eAYSO
1. Click on “Create an Account”
2. Click on the 3rd soccer ball next to “I am new to AYSO and want to volunteer”
3. Follow instructions, complete all information, and be sure to submit your e-signature and checking e-signature boxes where indicated.
1. Login at eAYSO.org (note the request password reminder if needed)
2. After logging in, below “Returning Adult Volunteer,” click “Apply”
3. You will be asked to review, complete and possibly update certain fields
4. Be sure to submit your e-signature and checking e-signature boxes where indicated.
Safe Haven, CDC Concussion, and AYSO’s Summary of the Laws of the Game
- Use the email and password used for eAYSO registration and log in at www.aysoU.org
- Click on “My Courses” on the top bar after logging in.
- Complete each of the 3 modules- Safe Haven, Concussion, and Laws of the Game.
Each of the 3 modules listed above are free to take and automatically populated in your My Courses folder. Additional online courses are available, but at a cost.
*Please do not buy any of the courses.* AYSO 300 will provide volunteers free voucher codes for additional online courses- obtain a voucher code by emailing email@example.com